Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Question & Answer with Toledo Commit, Dedric Brinson

Lake Wales, Fla. defensive back Dedric Brinson has officially committed to The University of Toledo. Brinson was once committed to Iowa State but had his commitment to the Cyclones dropped due to taking other visits. The underrated defensive back is rated as a two-star by Rivals.com but is a three-star on several other recruiting sites. We caught up with the newest Toledo commit.

Dedric Brinson (Lake Wales, Fla.) officially
committed to Toledo on Sunday.
Photo Credit: www.TheRocketNation.com
Pride of UT: What made you choose Toledo?
Brinson: "I chose Toledo because they recruited me professionally. Toledo is a family, it's a team, and I love that atmosphere, the coaches and players were so close and they actually had a relationship."

Pride of UT: What schools were in your top three prior to committing to Toledo?
Brinson: "Well I was committed to Iowa State until I took a visit to Indiana which led them to start recruiting a JUCO cornerback. Toledo then hopped on the train and I took my visit and loved it."

Pride of UT: What did you like most during your visit to Toledo?
Brinson: "I loved spending time with the players and the coaches. I got to see academic buildings, and the new football facility (Larimer Athletic Complex) which will be done in July. It'll be cool to have new lockers and to be the first incoming class to be a part of the new facilities. The coaches were another thing that I liked, they really showed me how much they cared, a lot of schools would have girls around trying to get us to commit, but this visit wasn't like that, it was real."

Pride of UT: What do you like most about the Toledo coaching staff?
Brinson: "I liked how real the coaches were and how upfront with me they were. I also like how close the coaches are to the players and how they're like a father-figure and a coach at the same time. The coaches know that there's a time to have fun and a time to get down to business, and I really liked that."

Pride of UT: What other schools did you visit?
Brinson: "Aside from Toledo, I visited Iowa State and Indiana, and Indiana was sure showing a lot of interest."

Pride of UT: What made you choose Toledo over Indiana?
Brinson: "I didn't feel that bond like I did with Toledo, the family atmosphere wasn't as strong as it was in Toledo."

Pride of UT: What are you expecting from Toledo's football program over the next four seasons?
Brinson: "We're going to be a winning program, win MAC championships, and I'll be built into a leader in a lot of ways, on and off the field."

Pride of UT: How is your high school teammate Davion Riley's recruitment coming along?
Brinson: "I know where Davion is going to end up, we just need to keep it a secret until Wednesday when he is going to publicly announce." (All signs point to Riley also signing with Toledo)

Pride of UT: What do the Toledo coaches like most about you?
Brinson: "They like my aggressiveness, I'm a great fit for their defense because I play a lot of man coverage. They also like how my teachers talk about me in the classroom, and how I carry myself on and off of the field."

Pride of UT: Any final comments?
Brinson: "All the glory goes to God. I have to thank my family and friends, it's a blessing to have this opportunity. I just need to stay humble and continue to work, all the credit goes to my family and friends. Also, I love the Toledo atmosphere and the fans, it'll be a nice next four years."

@PrideOfUT and the Pride of UT website will have all signing day news regarding the Toledo Rockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment